Advertise Here

Friday 14 February 2014

Come thou Fount of every blessing


Come thou Fount of every blessing; Tune my heart to sing thy grace; 
Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise. 
Teach me some melodious sonnet, Sung by flaming tongues above,
Praise the mount; I'm fixed upon it: Mount of thy unchanging love.

Here I raise my Ebenezer, Hither by thy help I'm come 
And I hope, by thy good pleasure, Safely to arrive at home, 
Wand'ring from the fold of God, 
He, to rescue me from danger, Interposed his precious blood, 


O to grace how great a debtor Daily I'm constrained to be! 
Let they grace, like a fetter, Bind my wandering heart to thee 
Prone to wander, Lord I feel it, Prone to leave the God I love, 
Here's my heart. O take and seal it; Seal it for thy courts above. 
----- 
been listening to a sufjan stevens rendition of this. why can these old songs speak so much more than all the new ones? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive